Selby College is an established, lively and growing College serving Selby and the surrounding areas. We are a first class employer, with fantastic staff benefits.
For us to remain a 'First Class' employer and to attract and retain the best staff, we are constantly looking at ways to enhance and improve our employee engagement.
Selby College is committed to protecting young people and vulnerable adults from harm.
As a Safe Organisation we ensure that our governing body, all our employees, agency staff and volunteers are aware of their responsibilities to safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
How we do this:
- Safer recruitment of staff to work with young people and vulnerable adults.
- Clear expectations of staff about personal conduct and responsibility to promote the well-being of young people and vulnerable adults at all times.
- Induction systems and ongoing training/updates for staff on safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
- Access to information and guidance on procedures for child protection and protection of vulnerable adults.
- A designated Safeguarding Lead at senior level and a member of staff who can be accessed to discuss cases at an operational level, trained to provide access to specialist advice on child protection and the protection of vulnerable adults.
- Sound data protection, information sharing and referral procedures.
- The promotion of a culture of safeguarding throughout the College. Listening to the concerns of young people and vulnerable adults with an open mind.
- Clear procedures for investigating allegations of harm to young people or vulnerable adults by persons in positions of trust within the college, including independent advice and referral to the police as necessary.
- Regular reporting of safeguarding incidents to the College Senior Management Team.
- A clear and accessible complaints procedures where there are concerns to be raised.