Closing date for applications: Fri Nov 2, 2018
This role is classed as self-employed. You will be paid on average from £80 to £100 per learner per course (depending on course).
Distance Learning Tutor Vacancies
Selby College delivers high quality courses and support to learners and employers.
We are currently looking to add to our bank of competent and flexible distance learning tutors in Health and Social Care (especially in End of Life, Medication, Care Planning, Dementia Awareness, Diabetes Awareness and Nutrition and Health) to assess and mark learner portfolios.
NB: This role is classed as self-employed. You will be paid on average from £80 to £100 per learner per course (depending on course).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will access learner’s assessments via an online system
- You will be required to liaise the teams in the office on a monthly basis on the progress of your learners
- As part of the awarding body and audit requirements, a sample of your work will be assessed by our team of internal moderators
- If any actions are identified by our internal moderators, you will be required to action and resolve these within a period of 10 days
- Undertake any training relevant to the efficient execution of any of the above duties, and to take responsibility for your own professional development
- To undertake necessary Health & Safety/Safeguarding/PREVENT and British Values responsibilities and duties as required by this post
- To attend 3 standardisation meetings per year (including a full team meeting in September every year)In line with the Awarding Body Guidelines, all applicants are expected to hold:
- Qualifications Required:
- A sector qualification at least one level higher than the level of the course you would like to mark or equivalent.
- Recent sector experience and CPD.
- Assessing Award (A1/A2/D32/D33/TAQA or equivalent qualification) is preferred but not essential.
- NB: It is a requirement of the role that you can evidence up-to-date occupational competency within this field.
How to apply.
To apply please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Personnel Department, Selby College, Abbots Road, Selby YO8 8AT
All work in the College involves some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the role. A DBS check will be required for this role.