Welcome to the Art, Design and Media Department
Higher Education Courses (Degree-Level):
In 2019 we achieved a 100% pass rate across our A Level and Vocational programmes.
For A Level Photography 100% of students achieved an A*-B and for A Level Media Studies 85.7% of students achieved an A*-B grade.
Our News Stories
Our Students' Successes
Former School: Brayton Academy
Studied: UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production & Technology
Destination: BA (Hons) in Filmmaking at the Northern Film School at Leeds Beckett University
The Media student was lucky enough to get a taste of the film-making world after spending time on the set of Victoria at the Yorkshire Studios at Church Fenton during his studies following visits with the Media department.
Jack said: “My dream is to become a film director. Visiting and working on Victoria is a step closer to this dream.”
His film submission ‘Jennifer's Song’ was also selected to be shown at Origins Creative Arts Festival in London last year after catching the attention of UAL Awarding Body’s professional curators, Elliott Burns and Pita Arreola. The Festival is organised by Awarding Organisation UAL Awarding Body and provides art lovers, critics and industry professionals the chance to meet original 14-18 creative talent from across the UK.
Former School: Selby High School
Studied: Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design before progressing to HND Art & Design (Arts Practice) at Selby College
Destination: Set up her own photography business Josey Grace Photography - covering weddings, portraiture, travel and landscape work.
Other students have progressed to:
- Leeds Arts University to study Animation
- Leeds Arts University to study Fine Art
- Leeds Arts University to study Textile Design
- Leeds Beckett University to study Media Communication Cultures
- Manchester Metropolitan University to study Fashion Design & Technology
- Manchester Metropolitan University to study Fashion Promotion
- Northern Film School at Leeds Beckett University to study Filmmaking
- Sheffield Hallam University to study Jewellery, Materials & Design
- University of Leeds to study Media
- University of Huddersfield to study Fashion Brand Marketing
- York St John University to study Media Production
Trips and Visits
As well as organising an end of year department show, A Level and Vocational students have also had the opportunity to go on trips and visits to:
- Michelangelo: A Different View Exhibition at Hull Minster
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- Leeds Art Gallery
- The Hepworth Wakefield
- York Art Gallery
- The Knitting & Stitching Show - Harrogate
- Aesthetica Short Film Festival - York Theatre Royal
- ITV’s Victoria set visit - Yorkshire Studios at Church Fenton
- Street photography at York Christmas Market
- Tour de Yorkshire in Selby – Photography for Selby District Council