Head Start - Supporting students with their new courses
Our online Head Start initiative is for all existing and new applicants to our full-time 16-18 and apprenticeship programmes starting Autumn 2020.
Head Start offers:
- Course-focused study materials and challenges to complete, which will get feedback, to help applicants get a ‘Head Start’ on autumn study
- Careers and guidance sessions from our qualified Careers Guidance team, to help applicants still thinking about their choices
- Advice sessions on transport to College, bursary support and our welfare support and counselling service
- Guidance on how our learning will be delivered in the autumn, both physical and continuing online elements
- Guidance on how to keep safe at present, and the steps we’ll take in College to ensure the safest environment
We would encourage anyone who hasn’t applied, including those hoping to start an apprenticeship, to do so as soon as possible. Even if you are unsure whether you will come to us, hold offers from elsewhere, or aren’t sure what subjects you want to do, applying and accessing our Head Start programme will help you decide. Apply here for a full-time course, or complete and return this application form to apply for an Apprenticeship.
Please be assured that strict safety precautions will be employed for remote learning, and individuals’ contact details will not be shared with other applicants.
Follow this link for a message from Principal Phil Sayles about the Head Start programme.