Duration: 2 years
Course Level: Level 3
Assessment: 80% Exam, 20% Coursework
Entry Requirements: Standard 'A' Level entry requirements apply.
This is an exciting and relevant course which maps the colossal changes in the world order from 1800 to 1990. The emphasis is on skills development. You will learn how to analyse and evaluate original source documents, as well as how to construct good historical arguments using reliable information and source materials. History appeals to anyone with a strong interest in current affairs, world politics, or just a desire to know how our present has its roots in the past. It is also popular with people who like to dig deep into the great stories which have shaped the world we live in today.
Subjects will include:
- The history of Germany from 1918 to 1989
- The history of fascism in Italy from 1911 to 1945
- The impact on British society of four major wars; The Napoleonic wars, the Crimean War, the Boer War and the First World War
- The origins of the First World War and the Nazi Holocaust
- The rebuilding of Europe after 1918, and the attempts to find peace
On successful completion, you may go on to university, either to study History as a single subject or in combination with another discipline. Popular careers include Law, Journalism, Human Resources Management, Politics and Teaching.
Standard A Level entry requirements apply.