It makes perfect sense. Why travel to do your higher education course elsewhere, when you can do the same course locally?
Reasons why students choose Selby College for their degree-level study:
- We offer a range of high quality HE courses in a variety of subjects and at a range of levels (Foundation Degrees, Full Degrees, Higher National Certificates/Diplomas and Teacher Training).
- Our HE qualifications are awarded by the University of Hull, the University of Huddersfield and Pearson - you can use the facilities of the partner university for your course, as well as accessing our fantastic teaching facilities with the latest equipment.
- You will benefit from studying for your higher education qualification locally, resulting in reduced costs on living accommodation and travel/subsistence costs.
- Loans and bursaries may be available to help you with your studies (subject to eligibility).
- You will have regular access to highly qualified lecturing staff - our friendly and supportive environment means staff give you the time and support you need to help you progress.
- Our courses build firm foundations for your long term career success; we focus on employment-related skills and knowledge, designed to meet local and regional employment needs as well as equipping you to meet the requirements of national and international organisations.
- We help you begin your studies at the level that is right for you and support you through each stage of your time with us, so we can help you progress and ultimately meet your key personal goals.
- Our stimulating mix of technical, commercial and creative courses meet recognised quality standards - equal to any similar course elsewhere in the UK.
- We provide opportunities at any stage of your life in ways that fit around your work, family life and other commitments.
- The group sizes are small enough to allow you time with your lecturers and exclusive access to our comprehensive study facilities.
Student Satisfaction Facts & Figures
- 86% satisfaction score in the National Student Survey 2020 (national average 82%), ranking us amongst the top 5 HE institutions in Yorkshire
- Excellent overall satisfaction scores achieved on our internal surveys (Induction Survey 2018 - 92%; End of Year Survey 2019 - 95%).
- HE enrolment and induction satisfaction - 95% of students agreed 'the induction evening was useful'.
- Module evaluations – 100% overall satisfaction scores for the majority of HE modules.
- No formal complaints received in the last academic year.
High grades across our Higher Education qualifications continue to flourish with 49% of students achieving a First Class/Distinctions grade last year.