This courses allows the student to learn, develop and practice skills required to provide barbering services.
1 year and part-time at Selby College.
Start date for 2020/21 entry TBC.
Coursework and Exam.
Barbering NVQ Level 2 is the 'job ready'qualification required to work in the Hairdressing industry.
The course delivery is a combination of attending college 3 hours per week for the practical delivery and some theory work and distance learning using online resources in your own time at home.
You must complete a range of assessments on paying clients within set times on the following practical activities:
- Cut men’s hair using basic techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men’s hair
- Create basic outlines and detailing in hair
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Colour and lighten men’s hair
We will try to supply enough clients for all learners; however, there may be times where they need to supply their own clients.
Entry onto the course will be through application the standard part-time application procedure. The suitability of any candidate will be considered at interview.
On successful completion, you may choose to progress on to the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering, subject to the successful completion of this qualification.
- Senior Barber
- Salon Manager
- Salon Owner