We believe taking on an Apprentice should not be a difficult undertaking.
Funding of Apprenticeship training may seem complex, so we have put together a handy guide to support employers.
Read more below on the Government's brand new Apprenticeship funding.
New Apprenticeship funding support
Due to the current economic situation, many employers may feel apprehension about taking on an Apprentice or hosting an Apprenticeship programme this year.
This has now been made a whole lot easier, following the Government’s brand new apprenticeship incentive scheme which has been set up to help support employers in recruiting apprentices and getting the economy growing again.
From August 2020 to January 2021, the Government will now pay employers to create new apprenticeships. The brand new employer incentives include:
- £2000 per Apprentice under the age of 25
- £1500 for apprentices aged 25+
This new support will be offered until 31st January 2021 in addition to the £1000 incentive already available for recruiting a 16-18 year old apprentice.
This means an employer who recruits a 16-18 year old apprentice could receive up to £3000 for the recruitment of them.
At Selby College we will:
- Help you understand the different funding opportunities available
- Provide a FREE recruitment service to help advertise your vacancy and find the right Apprentice for you
- Ensure you and your Apprentice have complete support throughout the Apprenticeship from a dedicated tutor
To find out more on how we can help your business use this new Apprenticeship incentive and the benefits of recruiting an Apprentice please feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01757 211097.