Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes designed for current and future employees aged 16 or above.
Apprenticeships give you the flexibility and opportunity to learn real job skills in any career you are interested in through a programme that is tailored to you. You can do all of this while you earn a wage for the job you're learning to do.
As part of the programme, Apprentices will work towards achieving their Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English. Learners who have already achieved GCSEs (A-C or equivalent) in Maths and English may be exempt from Functional Skills.
An Apprenticeship is an industry designed and recognised qualification.
There are three levels of Apprenticeship:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4 and above)
The Apprenticeship programme is fully delivered within the workplace unless stated. Selby College currently offers Apprenticeships in the following areas:
- Business Administration
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Children and Young People
- Customer Service
- Food and Drink (Industry Skills)*
- Health and Social Care
- Hospitality and Catering
- Team Leading/ Management
* Each apprentice will be required to attend Selby College on day release.
If you're thinking of applying, read our application tips here.
01757 211097 | email@example.com