Benefits for Individuals
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work for a real employer, earn a real salary and gain a real qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience. If you are aged 16 or above, are driven to succeed in a particular industry and are willing to commit yourself to training and study, then an Apprenticeship could be the right career move for you.
Selby College is the largest provider of Apprenticeship training in the area and successfully works in partnership with a wide range of employers across Yorkshire and The Humber.
Benefits for Employers
Work based learning through Intermediate and Advanced Apprenticeships is an excellent way to develop your business. Working to national standards, Apprenticeships will help you develop your employees' skills and experience. You could train your existing staff or employ new apprentices to help up-skill your workforce.
Age Grant - The £1,500 Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16 to 24 years olds (AGE 16 to 24) aims to support businesses who would not otherwise be in a position to do so, to recruit individuals aged 16 to 24 into employment through the Apprenticeship programme.
Do you currently employ an Apprentice under the age of 25, or are you looking to hire a young Apprentice? You can benefit from the new Government abolition of employer contributions for Apprentices under 25.
Did you know...
- 2.4 million apprenticeships were started in England during the last Parliament.
- 19,400 traineeships were started between 2014 to 2015.
- The Government invested £1,559,771 in Apprenticeships during the 2014/15 academic year.
- Apprenticeship participation now stands at a record level of 871,800 funded Apprentices in 2014/15.
- Apprenticeships are available in 1500 job roles, covering more than 170 industries.
- More than 1300 employers are involved in designing the new Apprenticeships standards.
- Up to 28,000 quality Apprenticeship vacancies are available online at any one time at 'Find An Apprenticeship'.