Like all successful organisations, Selby College has a mission, vision and wants our customers and stakeholders to know what we value.
To be an outstanding provider of education and training, meeting the needs of employers and our community and supporting our learners to achieve their potential through excellent teaching and learning.
Public Value Statement
Selby College is committed to adding value and enriching the social, economic and physical well-being of the community we serve.
We understand the larger significance of the services we provide to individuals, businesses and groups, and this shapes everything we do. We recognise the importance of individual excellence and personal accountability. We embrace diversity, curiosity, respect and responsibility.
We act with integrity and we collaborate wherever possible, aligning ourselves with others and sharing knowledge and resources to create new opportunities. People are at the very heart of how we organise and utilise our resources. We empower our learners and aim to transform their lives by raising their aspirations and encouraging and supporting them to achieve to their very best. In doing so, we provide a catalyst for sustainable economic growth and prosperity.
To be the college of first choice for individuals and organisations within the area we serve, as one of England's top performing colleges.
- Commitment to improving the skills of our local and regional communities and employers
- Pride in our learners, our college and our excellent reputation
- Focus on excellence and continuous improvement
- Outstanding teaching, learning and assessment
- Enterprising approach
- Inspiring our learners and raising their aspirations by providing a supportive environment that enables them to grow in confidence, esteem, motivation and aptitude
- Maintaining a safe, friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- Culture of collaboration and teamwork, with staff who 'go the extra mile' to support our learners
- Financial strength of the college and the imperative to protect it
Selby College Prevent Duty and British Values Statement
Selby College adheres to the Prevent Duty which aims to prevent learners from being drawn into extremism and believes British Values including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs are very important to everyone in our college community.
These British Values identify how we should conduct ourselves as citizens in Great Britain today; a diverse population with each individual contributing to our society as a whole.
These values are promoted to students across all areas of our curriculum, via pastoral tutorials and reinforced through a variety of different college media including our website, through posters and other published materials.